Monday, April 19, 2010

Think Gospel

Once again, the Bible study I attend has given me a topic on which to write. It’s a topic that has brought great conviction to me this week. I had to ask myself a question… one that you too should ask yourself. How much time do I really devote to Christ? Do I think about Him in all situations?
I was stunned by the idea. As I thought about my life right now, I noticed that I have not been focused on all that God has done for me. I have not made the gospel my “go-to guy.” Rather, I shrank God and His gospel down to the size of my biggest problems. The gospel has the power to be victorious over all. Its not just something to save you from Hell. It is what makes life endurable down here.
I realized right then and there that I had left the gospel, like an old package, on December 5, 1993, the day I got saved. So, what does the gospel mean to me now that I have been living the Christian life for a while? What continued significance does Christ’s Incarnation, Passion, Crucifixion, Resurrection, Ascension and Second Coming hold for my life? Or is it merely important for Salvation? I ask these questions because I have realized that I must understand and love the Gospel in order to be able to spread that love and understanding to others. How can you explain something you don’t understand?
So do you have any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment